Please note all bookings are subject to these terms and conditions and these may change without prior notice. Existing bookings would not be subject to the changes. Updated March 2020.
- There is a minimum two-night stay on the late May and August Bank Holiday weekends. We accept single night bookings the rest of the year.
- Debit and Credit Cards are accepted. Confirmation will be sent by email or letter, whichever is preferred. Full payment is required on the morning of departure. Cash is also accepted. Please note that any bookings made through booking.com rather than our website will require pre-payment by card 7 days before the start of your stay.
- Unfortunately, Cheques, Diners Club and American Express Cards are not accepted.
- In the event of cancellation we would be grateful for as much notice as possible so we have a chance to re-let the room. Guests cancelling less than 7 days before the check-in date will be charged the full amount of the booking. Guest Houses and B&B's do have a right under law to claim for any losses resulting from cancellations or no shows
- Travel Insurance - we recommend our guests have a travel insurance policy in place in case late cancellation incurs full payment to enable the cost to be claimed back.
- Corona Virus - if you need to cancel due to the virus, each cancelled booking will be treated on an individual basis depending on the circumstances. Please contact us as soon as possible if you do need to cancel.
- No children under the age of 14 unless with prior agreement.
- No pets, sorry. Assistance dogs welcome but please mention at time of booking.
- Arrival Time from 4pm - 8pm, earlier or later by prior arrangement. Please phone if you are delayed.
- Please vacate your room by 10.30am on the day of departure.
- Lyme Tree House is a No-Smoking property throughout. Smokers can use our front deck.
- Breakfast is served from 8.30 - 9.30am, earlier or later by prior arrangement. We are happy to be flexible to fit in with our guests.
- Dietary requirements - please mention at time of booking
- Access Statement - please phone to discuss your requirements. The drive to the house is uphill with parking fairly close to the front door. The Cobb Room is on the ground floor. Langdon and Blackdown Rooms are on the first floor accessed by carpeted stairs. This property is not especially suited for those with impaired mobility or wheelchair users. There are eight steps up into the house.
- Accidents - please report any accidents or injury which happen on the premises immediately.
- Force Majeure - In the unlikely event we have to close the B&B or Rooms e.g. electrical failure, fire, flood or extreme weather conditions we will give as much notice as possible. We will refund any monies already paid by you but do not accept liability for any of your travel costs or related expenses. We will endeavour to assist you in finding alternative accommodation if possible.
- Complaints - we would appreciate any complaint being brought to our attention while you are staying with us so we have the chance to rectify the situation.
- Damage - we reserve the right to charge for damage or to recover our insurance excess from you e.g spilt red wine or hot tong marks on the carpet, missing items, lost keys etc.
We hope our guests appreciate our Terms and Conditions are set out in full detail so both parties are clear at the time of booking. Thank you, Judith and Mark Huygens.